Why Get an AC Tune Up?
With summer here in Scottsdale and temperatures starting to heat up, it’s time to make sure your A/C is up to speed. The best way to do that is to get an A/C tune up. This is important because cooling and heating can account for almost half of a typical homeowner’s energy costs. Energy Star says that investing in an annual A/C system tune up can help improve your unit’s efficiency and reduce your energy costs. Build-up from not cleaning your unit can reduce efficiency by as much as 5% a year – and that can really add up.
When temperatures rise, too many people just turn on their A/C unit without even thinking about it, even though they haven’t thought about cool air in months. Not only can this damage your unit and make it inefficient, it can cost you big over the long run. Don’t be penny-wise and pound-foolish – the average cost of an AC tune up from a reputable AC repair company is only around $70.
Here’s what an AC tune up and professional cleaning includes:
- A thorough cleaning of condenser coils
- Clean air filter
- Inspect indoor coil if accessible
- Check condenser coil and remove debris
- A check of the coolant level
- Lubrication of all moving parts to help eliminate friction and help lower energy costs
- Measure amperage of voltage of blower motor
- Calibration of the thermostat
- Inspection of all duct work
- Inspection and tightening of all electrical connections
- Evaluation of the blower motor and blower belt
- Inspect electrical disconnect box for proper rating and safe installation
- Inspect fan blade
- Check suction line for proper fittings
- Inspect ductwork
- Check all fittings for oil and/or leakage
Believe us, you’d much rather discover an issue with your A/C unit now, and repair it, than wait until the middle of summer. Having a trained HVAC pro look everything over now will give you and your family the peace of mind you deserve. Call AAA Cooling Specialists today to schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable technicians. We have the best air conditioning services in Scottsdale and surrounding areas. It’s the best way we know of to help protect your investment in your home and ensure a comfortable summer for you and your family.
June 10, 2017 10:11 pm