With Earth Day coming up, there’s no better time to think of what you can do to conserve energy in your own home. Energy conservation is not only associated with benefits for the environment but for your wallet too.
Particularly this time of year, when you find yourself relying heavily on air conditioning to keep cool, there are a handful of tricks you can implement to save on utility costs. Here, we’ll review the top six tips for increasing energy efficiency at home, so you can celebrate this year’s Earth Day the right way.
Maintain for Efficiency
Maintenance plays a big role in helping you get the most out of your air conditioning units during the hot Scottsdale, AZ, summer. Furthermore, if you crank up the AC often, you’re more likely to need an AC repair if you don’t invest in proper maintenance. Let’s view some of the best AC maintenance tips to implement today!
- Consider the temperature. If you turn the temperature down to 70 degrees on the hottest days, you require a lot of work from your cooling system. Adjust the thermostat to a more reasonable temperature — between 75 – 78 degrees — so your AC unit does not work as hard to cool down the space. This way, the internal parts don’t get overheated and overworked quickly.
- Take a look at the air filters. Your air conditioner filters should be cleaned regularly to eliminate dust and debris build-up, which can limit airflow and decrease the unit’s efficiency. Essentially, a dirty AC system will be working harder to do the same amount of work as it would with clean filters. We recommend replacing filters every one to three months, depending on their condition and the age of your unit. If you’re unsure of what to do, reach out to your local cooling specialists at AAA Cooling for assistance in Phoenix, AZ, and the surrounding areas.
- Review what type of system you have. Believe it or not, you could be missing out on a significant opportunity for energy conservation, depending on the type of unit you have. Upgrading to an energy-efficient HVAC system can help you save both energy and money in the long run.
- Get your ducts inspected. For homeowners with central air systems, your ducts play an important role in your home comfort by regulating indoor air quality. With that said, if your airflow does not seem optimal, it may be worthwhile to have your ducts professionally inspected for a blockage or build-up.
- Turn on ceiling fans. Interestingly enough, ceiling fans can prove to be quite effective in cooling down a room while decreasing the amount of energy used by your cooling system. Make sure you’re running the ceiling fan counterclockwise in the summer to create a downdraft, otherwise known as a chill breeze.
- Invest in professional maintenance. Outside of duct inspection and filter cleaning or replacement, professional maintenance offers several beneficial services that can translate to increased efficiency at home. This includes looking at the internal workings of your system to determine if anything needs to be replaced or repaired.
Through proper care and sustainable practices, your air conditioning unit can last longer and run more efficiently. In turn, your bills can decrease, and you can have a positive impact on the environment.
Advantages with AAA Cooling Specialists
Our team of experts is here to help you with all your cooling needs this summer. We know quite a bit when it comes to energy efficiency, and we want you to have a system that meets your needs while being affordable. That’s why we offer special HVAC financing deals so that you can get the system of your choice without going over budget. Contact us today to learn more!