5 Tips for Preparing Your Home for Fall in Phoenix AZ
As summer winds down and fall makes its way to the Valley of the Sun, locals can expect a relief from the record heat that left them in need of Phoenix AC repair this season. While autumn isn’t set to begin until September 22nd, now is the time to start thinking about preparing your home for the cooler weather that is to come. We’ve compiled a list of 5 important things that you should do to improve the safety and comfort of your home as the seasons change.
- Change Air Filters– The air filters in your heating system play a vital role in its operation, as well as the quality of air that is blown through the vents in your space. You can pick up replacement filters inexpensively at your local hardware store, but make sure you choose the right type for your system. Aren’t sure? Call your Mesa AC company for filters that are specifically for your system type.
- Schedule HVAC Maintenance– You hear it all the time: “Schedule maintenance!” But we can’t stress enough, the level of importance that this service plays in improving the performance and efficiency of your equipment, and ultimately extending its operational life. And while you may not believe it, you really can benefit from reduced energy costs as a result!
- Weather-proof Your Home– You may be surprised by the amount of air escaping your home through air leaks near your windows and doors. Caulking and weatherstripping are affordable and easy to implement, ultimately keeping warm air inside where it belongs and reducing your energy costs.
- Check Your Safety Devices– As common sense may tell you, it is important to inspect your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors regularly. Be sure to change batteries and replace your unit if it appears to be functioning improperly.
- Allergy-proof Your Space– Allergy season doesn’t end with spring, and fall allergies can be just as irritating. Remove a large amount of allergens and airborne irritants from your home by having your carpets cleaned, or invest in a Trane whole-home air cleaner to remove up to 99.9% of particles from the air in your home. Learn more about our indoor air quality services and contact the AAA Cooling Specialists for service or equipment installations.
January 6, 2014 7:02 pm